EngageON is hosted by 76engage, on behalf of the Government of Ontario. Learn more about your account, the information we’re collecting and who to contact about privacy.
Protecting your privacy is very important to us.
By registering to participate in EngageON, you acknowledge and accept the:
- Privacy statement of the Government of Ontario
- Commenting guidelines for EngageON
- Cookies policy of 76engage.
You also acknowledge that your screen name and comments will be viewable to the public. Do not post personal information like: addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, or any other information that could identify you or another person.
Keep your password confidential to protect your account. Contact us immediately if you suspect unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security.
You can opt in to get emails from EngageON. You can unsubscribe at any time by:
- logging in and clicking on the ‘User account’ link in the top navigation, then clicking on the ‘Subscriptions’ tab below your screen name and adjusting your preferences, or
- clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the emails.
Closing your account
You may stop participating on EngageON at any time, for any reason, by:
- logging in and clicking on the ‘User account’ link in the top navigation, then scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking the red ‘Cancel account’ link, or
- emailing us with a request to close your account and remove any posts you have submitted.
We can terminate your account at any time. This is at our sole discretion and with or without notice to you.
Collecting your information
To setup your EngageON profile, we need some information. This includes your name, a screen name, your email address and the first 3 characters of your postal code (for regional comparison of feedback).
On behalf of the Government of Ontario, 76engage will use this information:
- to create and administer your EngageON profile
- to receive your optional feedback and comments
- to evaluate and shape government programs, services, processes and policies, about the use of your data.
How your information will be used
On behalf of the Government of Ontario, 76engage will use your email address to:
- send you updates on topics and conversations you choose to follow
- communicate with you about new engagement opportunities, particularly those that touch on the use of your data.
We’ll also ask you to indicate whether you are participating as an individual or on behalf of an organization. 76engage will use this information to categorize your feedback and comments, on behalf of the Government of Ontario.
See our Commenting guidelines for information on how we’ll use and monitor your comments.
The information collected within EngageOn is authorized by section 38(2) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and sections 3, 4 and 5 of the Simpler, Faster, Better Services Act, 2019.
Questions about your privacy and information
If you have any questions about how we use your information or feedback, please contact:
Access and Privacy Strategy and Policy
Public and Business Service Delivery
3rd Floor, 134 Ian Macdonald Boulevard,
Toronto, ON M7A 2C5 Telephone: 416-327-1600
If you have any questions about how 76engage collects, stores, or disposes of your data that are not answered in this policy, please contact email@example.com.